We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
961 Medford Center
Medford, OR 97504
Phone: (541) 772-2107
Fax: (541) 245-9236
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
• NABA National Butterfly count.
• Purple Martins begin their southern migration three weeks after their young have fledged. Males leave first.
• Loon eggs hatch in 26 – 31 days. Chicks are able to swim immediately but rest on their parents' backs to conserve energy.
• Leatherback Seaturtles can be seen off the pacific coast of BC during summer months. They are able to survive in much colder water than any other sea turtle.
• Peak Alpine Wildflower bloom.
• Ducks are molting their feathers and cannot fly during this time, usually 2 to 4 weeks.
• Western Columbine, a hummingbird's favorite nectar source, in bloom.
• Classic Daylilies and Poppies bloom.
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders.
• Look for Brown-headed Cowbird fledglings begging and being fed by the other species that raised them.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.