We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
961 Medford Center
Medford, OR 97504
Phone: (541) 772-2107
Fax: (541) 245-9236
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
• Peregrine Falcon males are courting the larger females.
• Ospreys return and begin readying their nests near water where fish are abundant.
• Purple Martins return.
• Evening Grosbeaks return to bird feeding stations for sunflower seed treats.
• Migratory departures - Snow Geese, American Widgeon, Surf Scoter, Dunlin, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Gold-crowned Sparrow.
• Migratory arrivals - Western Tanager, Black-headed Grosbeak, Bullock’s Oriole, Vaux's Swift, flycatchers, Western Wood-Pewee, Swainson’s Thrush and Yellow Warbler.
• Penstemon, a favorite flower of hummingbirds, butterflies and bees, blooms.
• Black Cottonwoods shed their cottony seeds on breezy days.
• Western Tiger Swallowtail butterflies visit flowers.
• Turquoise-colored male Lazuli Buntings sing while rich brown females incubate eggs.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.